Internet Marketing: Tips.
Internet marketing (IM) is a separate science. The activities of marketers on the Web are different from the activities of marketers in offline space.
In addition to traditional methods and tools used offline, IM has its own unique methods of promotion and sales.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – search engine optimization aimed at obtaining the highest possible site positions in search engines. This is a bottomless source of traffic where every medium and small business can find its target audience;
- Search contextual advertising – display text ads on the first lines of search results without the need to optimize the site. Context allows you to target the most “hot” traffic. The advertiser chooses for what requests to show their ads. Knowing what exactly the target consumer enters into the search bar, you can get a very good ROI;
- Contextual display advertising – the display of advertisements on thematic platforms (sites). Such advertising is shown only to users who are interested in the product (based on their actions on the Web, interests, visited pages, entered in the search query string, etc.). Unlike search advertising, it contains media content (image, video) that can increase CTR (click through rate); Contextual display ads on the site. Contextual advertising CCM, YAN.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – allows you to create an official representative office in social networks, communicate with the audience and make online sales. SMM is not only advertising and promoting the company, it is an opportunity to increase loyalty and trust of the target audience, it is an opportunity to establish contact with the consumer and get closer to him;
- Targeting – advertising on social networks. Targeted advertising should be singled out as a separate group, as it is an independent tool for promoting goods, services, sites through social networks. Users themselves leave information about themselves, their interests and needs, which is what marketers use in targeting; Targeted advertising on social networks. Criteria for the selection of CA.
- Banner advertising – an analogue of contextual advertising, only in this case the advertiser chooses the sites where the advertisement will be placed and agrees with their owners. The ad is shown to all visitors to the site;
- E-mail marketing – sending messages via e-mail. It is used not as a way to attract new customers, but as a way to retain existing and motivate repeat sales.
Goals & Objectives Of Internet Marketing
From the definition, the main task of marketing is clear – increasing the market position of the enterprise, making a profit. In addition, the tasks that marketing activities are capable of solving include the following.
- Market analysis – current situation, supply and demand, trends, etc.
- Analysis of the target audience – its needs, “pain”, signs, features.
- Competitor analysis – prices, assortment, determination of strengths and weaknesses, development of strategies for “overtaking” market leaders.
- Competent development of the pricing policy of the company, the study of the pricing system.
- Creation and improvement of the assortment.
- Improving the quality of service and services provided.
- Establishing relationships with the client, increasing trust and customer loyalty.
- Promotion of their goods and services in offline and online space.
- Increase brand awareness, business reputation and image.
- Improving company conversion rates.
- Increase in production and sales.
As you know, this list can be continued for a very long time, since there are so many tasks that marketing can solve. All of them are somehow related to increasing the competitiveness of the company and its profits. Each organization defines its goals and objectives individually. They must match the financial and production capabilities of the enterprise. Otherwise, they will be simply unattainable.
For example, the company noticed that in the previous quarter there was a drawdown in the percentage of completed transactions. Of the 1000 calls received, 690 (69%) were converted into a real deal, while in normal times this figure does not fall below 90%. The company sets itself a one-level task – to improve the quality of service (qualifications of managers, transaction conditions, etc.).
An example of a multi-level task: to conduct a competitive analysis – to develop individual strategies that will allow to bypass competitors – to implement them – to increase the market share occupied by the company.
The task of the marketer is not only in the correct setting of goals, but also in their competent implementation.
All the above tasks and functions are performed by the following marketing methods:
- planning and forecasts;
- A / B testing
- pricing policy development;
- information methods;
- PR and advertising methods;
- personal sales;
- loyalty programs;
- Marketing is a vast area of activity of an enterprise, and therefore methods in different situations can radically differ.
Marketing is an important aspect of the work of any enterprise.
This is a business philosophy.
Without it, it is impossible to survive in the market; without it, a company is not capable of developing.
The successful application of marketing strategies, methods and tools allows companies to grow, bypass competitors and increase their income.
Now, as for how to get the correct internet marketing strategies for your business?
Well, that’s another blog post for another time.
— Dennis Chua, Founder